Alt text for image

Permit & Building Department Information

EBB Permit & Building Department InformationAfter you receive a notice that you have been accepted in EBB, but before you begin your Earthquake Brace + Bolt retrofit, either you or your contractor must get a permit from your local building department. The requirements for different building permits may vary. For instance, some building departments' permits are only valid for six months, while others may be valid for a year. Check with your local building department to find out more information.

NOTE: If you applied for the Supplemental Grant, you won’t be able to upload documents to your EBB Homeowner Dashboard—including your building permit—until your eligibility for the Supplemental Grant has been determined. The Supplemental Grant approval process takes approximately two weeks after you submit all required forms.

Local Building Departments

See if Your Home Qualifies for an EBB Retrofit