Alt text for image

Find a Contractor

Find a Contractor or Architect

If you are hiring a contractor to complete your EBB retrofit, you must choose one from EBB's Contractor Directory. All the contractors in this Directory have completed a special FEMA training for seismic retrofits of single-family, wood-framed houses. EBB offers this free FEMA seismic retrofit training to all California-licensed general contractors (license type A or B).

Before Hiring a Contractor From this Directory:

In the EBB Contractor Directory, you can search for a contractor by ZIP Code and distance or by business name, contractor's name, or license number.

Find a Design Professional

If your contractor or the building department has informed you that your retrofit will require custom plans prepared by a design professional (an architect or engineer), please use the Design Professional Directory to search for a qualified professional near you.

These directories are provided as a service and are not an endorsement or approval of any given contractor or design professional, and it is the homeowner's responsibility to confirm the contractor or design professional selected is currently licensed and in good standing in California.

See if Your Home Qualifies for an EBB Retrofit