Program Rules Highlights
For homeowners these include but are not limited to:
- Homeowner must be the owner of record and live in the house that will be retrofitted.
- The house must be located within one of the ZIP Codes designated by EBB.
- Only one registration per house.
- The house must meet the structural requirements of a Chapter A3 (pages 125 - 142) retrofit which is done completely in the crawl space around the perimeter of the foundation.
- For houses with cripple walls 4-feet or less, a contractor or homeowner may complete the retrofit using an approved standard plan set.
- For houses with cripple walls taller than 4-feet an engineered solution is required.
For contractors these include but are not limited to:
- Contractors must perform all EBB retrofit work in accordance with Chapter A3 or an accepted Standard Plan Set (i.e. Standard Plan Set A or LA City Standard Plan Set #1).
- All retrofit work is done completely in the crawl space around the perimeter of the foundation.
- Contractors must ensure that each and every building permit for an EBB retrofit includes the required references to Chapter A3 or an accepted Standard Plan Set (i.e. Standard Plan Set A or LA City Standard Plan Set #1).. (for a Type 1 Qualifying House) or the required references to engineered plans (for a Type 2 Qualifying House).
- To be listed in the EBB Contractor Directory, contactors must be licensed by the State of California and successfully complete the FEMA training.
- Contractors may be removed from the Directory in the event EBB determines that the Participating Contractor has failed to meet the program requirements.
Read the full Program Rules.