Effective as of March 23, 2016
Thank you for visiting the official website for the Earthquake Brace + Bolt Program (“EBB”), a project of the California Residential Mitigation Program (“CRMP”), (collectively “we’, “us”, “our”).
- What Information we collect from you.
- Why we collect your Information.
- How we protect and use your Information.
What Information Do We Collect?
When you use our Services or communicate with us, we may collect and process certain Information about you, including:
Information from your use of our website: General use Information (which may include both personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information) such as:
- domain and host that you use to access the internet;
- web browser that you use;
- type of operating system that you use;
- IP addresses;
- links that you use to arrive at, or connect to or from our website;
- cookies that may uniquely identify your account and user information;
- number and frequency of visits to our website and its various pages; and
- other Information you voluntarily provide to us.
Information you provide to us: In some instances, in order to take full advantage of our Services, we may require you to provide certain Information, including Personal Information, to us, such as:
- contact information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, taxpayer identification or social security number, or other personally identifiable information regarding you or other co-owners of your property;
- housing information, such as your type of housing, renovation information, photographs of your housing, the address and coordinates of your housing, and schematics or architectural drawings of your housing;
- contractor information, such as license and insurance information, photographs, schematic or architectural drawings, or other information we may require or request;
- design professional information, such as license and registration information, schematic or architectural drawings, or other information we may require or request;
- educational information, such test information resulting from your use and review of materials provided by us; and
- other Information you voluntarily provide to us.
If you fail to provide requested Information, you may not be able to enjoy the full benefits of our Services or be able to participate in our programs.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We will use the Information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- providing information regarding our Services and specific programs;
- sharing your information with building departments in your area;
- sharing your information with federal and state government entities that provide funding for our Services;
- responding to your requests so that we may better understand your needs and how we can improve our website and other communications with you and the programs and services we provide;
- pooling your Information with that of others to derive business statistics for our internal use;
- contacting you directly with information we think you may find interesting or useful about CRMP or earthquake insurance or our members or affiliates;
- sharing your information with our members and the Federal Emergency Management Agency for the purposes of determining your eligibility to participate in our programs and in their programs;
- analyzing how houses that are seismically retrofitted perform in earthquakes;
- administering your account or accounts with us; and
- sharing your Information with third parties for the purposes of analyzing our website usage and providing additional functionality, programs or services.
Any and all uses of your Information by us will comply with applicable laws. You are under no obligation to provide Information to us. However, when registering with us, or from time to time during your relationship with us, you may opt in or out of certain types of communications that may affect the Information we gather. We reserve the right to inform you that opting out may prevent you from enjoying the full benefits of, or participating in the use of, our website and our programs and services.
We have adopted reasonable security measures to protect our information and your Information against loss, misuse and alteration, including:
- the use of industry standard secure socket layer encryption (SSL);
- restricting access to your Information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that Information in order to process it for us; and
- a verification process when you access your account.
We encourage you to confirm that your browser supports encryption protection and to take reasonable precautions in protecting your account Information. Even with appropriate security precautions, the secure submission of information over the internet can never be guaranteed. Any submission of Information you make is at your own risk and we encourage you to take appropriate precautions that you to protect the confidentiality of your Information.
Links to Third Parties
General and Contacting Us